If you’re looking to pack on some muscle, you can do it, and you can do it safely and naturally as well.
Testosterone boosters can significantly increase the production of testosterone in many cases. Though there are a few supplements out there that don’t stand up to their claims, there’s still a lot of them that work the way they say they will.
Choosing a testosterone booster isn’t always the easiest task. With so many of them on the market, how do you know which one to buy? That’s easy, read along and find out what you should be looking for in a great and effective testosterone booster.
The Link Between Testosterone Production and Muscle Growth
Testosterone is in a hormonal classification called androgens. They are responsible for the growth and development of male traits. Testosterone in particular plays a key role in the regulation of the body’s muscle mass and response to exercise.
Testosterone directly affects muscle growth by binding to receptors on the muscles and signaling protein synthesis.
Testosterone also increases the body’s HGH (human growth hormone) levels, and just like testosterone, HGH also increases protein synthesis.
Look For Key Ingredients That Are Proven To Work
Many products tend to throw in a bunch of filler ingredients and have very minimal amounts of the key ingredients that are actually supposed to work for boosting your testosterone levels.
A few things you should be looking out for are boosters that contain the following ingredients:
- D-Aspartic Acid– Natural amino acids that raise luteinizing hormones, which are hormones that stimulate the production of testosterone.
- Mucuna Pruriens– An Indian herb that contains levodopa which is the precursor for dopamine. Dopamine and Testosterone influence each other. Lowered testosterone levels decrease the levels of dopamine, and heightened dopamine levels stimulate the production of testosterone.
- Zinc- An important ingredient to look for when trying to boost your testosterone levels. Zinc has been proven to boost production. Your levels can nearly double over the course of only a few months with the right amount of zinc in your diet.
- Vitamin D– Vitamin is another proven ingredient you should look for in your testosterone booster. That’s because it can increase levels by up to 25 percent.
- Boron- It’s considered a “cheap and unpopular” mineral, but it does the job of boosting the testosterone levels as well. In one study, subjects were given 10 mg of boron every morning for 7 days. On the last day, test results showed a 28 percent increase in free testosterone.
- Ginseng– This is another herb that is effective in raising testosterone levels. Ginseng is a wildly popular herb that has been used in alternative medicine for centuries.
- Ashwagandha- A highly researched herb that’s usually always found in testosterone boosters for one reason, because it works.
All the above ingredients are proven to increase the natural production of testosterone. If you find a booster that doesn’t have one or most of these ingredients, it’s probably best to leave it on the shelf.
After You’ve Found The Right Ingredients, Look For The Right AMOUNT of Ingredients
No matter if you’ve found a testosterone booster that has every key ingredient you’re looking for, if it doesn’t contain enough of those specific ingredients, it will be ineffective.
The dosages should be in between the following ranges:
- D-Aspartic Acid (1600mg – 2500mg)
- Mucuna Pruriens (150mg – 300mg)
- Zinc (30mg – 75mg)
- Vitamin D (5000 IU)
- Boron (5mg – 10mg)
- Ginseng (100mg – 300mg)
- Ashwagandha- (200-300mg)
Try to shy away from filler ingredients, you may have to pay more for pure ingredients, but it’s a guarantee that you get what you pay for.
When You Take An Effective Testosterone Booster, You Will Notice Muscle Gain
Getting the testosterone in your body to be at normal levels can be done simply by taking effective supplements, getting plenty of sleep, eating right, and, of course, exercising.
If you find yourself a good supplement that raises the testosterone levels, these are the results you can expect to have:
- Your body will produce more testosterone
- You’ll gain lean muscle mass
- You’ll gain strength
- Sex drive will increase
- You’ll lose more body fat
- You’ll notice higher energy levels and stamina
- Nitrogen and blood flow will increase
- The body will synthesize protein more efficiently
- The immune system will benefit
Taking testosterone boosters to raise your levels and effect muscle gain is definitely possible as long as you stay faithful to your workout routine, take your supplements regularly, and eat a clean diet that contains whole foods, plenty of protein, complex carbs, and healthy fats.
You’ll also want to increase your water intake as water is in every cell in the human body and plays a role in every process that goes on.